WHAT YOU WILL DO:
You are the financial business partner to the Maritime & Aviation (M&A) project managers/Associate Director and Director, creating added value for RHDHV in both the PQ & Proposal phase and the Execution phases of projects. You will be able to create a position in the organization where stakeholders find you and you are able to make an impact.
You will have a combination of a professional, critical, pro-active and independent attitude and strong forward looking, communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
1. To be a business partner for project managers in all stages of a project. You will have a major focus in the PQ & Proposal phase of projects and will work alongside project managers to contribute to, influence and mitigate risks of projects to improve project financial performance.
2. To be a business partner for the M&A management team, provide financial control, and forward looking analyses and advise on AG results, both invited and uninvited.
3. To be independent guardian of company’s assets (like WIP, debtors, intellectual property, participations), ensure RHDHV is compliant to statutory accounting and tax regulation and internal procedures and control requirements.
4. To support the Business Unit Controller in delivering both regular and limited ad-hoc reporting and analyses for senior management of both the Business Unit and the group.
5. To cultivate effective relationships with all relevant business customers (project managers, DAG’s and other stakeholders).
1. Challenge the proposal manager on financial and risk related topics (like strategic fit, risk/reward balance, pricing, invoicing, cash flow, (international) tax, currency risks, pre-financing) during the PQ & Proposal phase of non-routine tenders.
2. Use standard Health Check (“HC”) project information, looking both backwards and more often forward, and provide analysis for decision making and project performance improvement purposes, using forthcoming data analytics opportunities.
3. As a fully-fledged project team member, signal pro-actively for areas of improvement. Challenge project managers on non-resolved financial project issues and other issues with a potential impact on the project financial results (e.g. on forecasted results). Discuss identified areas of improvement with project managers and flag potential areas of concern that project managers need to communicate to line management in their HC Full & Lite reports. Validates HC Full & Lite reports before issued by project manager.
4. Participate in monthly review HC Lite & Basic meetings with DAG’s/project managers. Fully support project managers to achieve high quality financial information in the HC Lite & Basic reports in time for the monthly review meetings. Has the acumen to quickly identify financial issues/risks during a desk review of the HC Basic reports in order to focus on exceptions in review meetings.
5. Next to identification of improvement opportunities in all business processes, pro-actively contribute to value add process changes.
6. Pro-actively share finance & management control knowledge with project, finance and line managers of RHDHV.
7. Coach project finance administrative team members.
8. Carry out any duties which the Finance line manager (BUC) may reasonably request within the broad parameters of the role.
9. Perform work mostly independent and determine own priorities without continuously being monitored by a direct manager: review of work is done indirectly and mainly only on achieved results
SKILLS/ JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Relevant Master Economics/Management accounting degree (preferred on academic level). Thorough understanding of the finance & management control discipline and underlying principles: capability to apply these in daily practice. Basic knowledge of related disciplines (like data analytics, IT and risk management).
2. 5 - 8 years of relevant experience
3. Interpretation and tactical application of policies, choosing the right ones given differing situations, to come to optimal solutions for Business needs, based on excellent understanding of the business of RHDHV.
4. Strong business partner and commercial awareness. Excellent communication and influencing skills.
5. Strong analytical and forward looking skills. Capable of assessing the impact of all relevant project issues on the financial result (cash flow and profit), has a holistic view and as such understands the key drivers behind a profitable project.
6. Accurate and efficient.
7. Self-starter with a pro-active approach to problem solving.
8. Independent and critical thinker combined with excellent team player skills, confident and forceful personality.
9. Fluent in English.
10. Good verbal & written communication skills.
11. Willingness to travel
1. Previous exposure to international project operations (foreign currency transactions, international tax requirements etc.).
2. Previous experience in a similar role in the Engineering/Construction industry.
phường An Phú, Quận 2, Hồ Chí Minh
50-100 nhân viên
Chúng tôi đã hoạt động tại Việt Nam từ năm 1985, kết hợp 130 năm thành công của chúng tôi với kinh nghiệm quốc tế với kiến thức và kinh nghiệm địa phương mạnh mẽ để cung cấp các giải pháp phù hợp, [...]