ABB is a global leader in industrial technology. Established in Vietnam in 1993, ABB recently has around 900 employees working in three regions across the country to ensure the nationwide presence of the ABB brand. The Head Office and Transformer Factories are located in Hanoi, High Voltage and Medium Voltage Power Product factories are in Bac Ninh, other branch offices are in Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City.
ABB’s Electrification Products division is a leading provider of a full range protection, control and measurement solutions. The business connects, protects and automates critical business processes, including power and energy distribution, to improve the reliability and efficiency of its customers’ activities.
ABB Vietnam is seeking a Tendering Sales Engineer to join our team in Medium Voltage factory who would create and complete bids/estimations/quotations based on customer specification or customer requirements/budget in order to achieve both market competitiveness and high margin for the Company. Maintain and improve the balance between all ABB units and customers that are present in the area of responsibility. Your key areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
• Taking into account best available product mix and appropriate technical and commercial considerations for each individual situation. Ensures tenders are well documented in a timely manner and with appropriate level of detail,
including full and accurate costs
• Managing the preparation of all technical (e.g. defining the most suitable
technology and product type(s)), financial (e.g. total price sheet, cash flow
analysis) and if necessary project management (e.g. quantifies hours of
engineering and commissioning) aspects of the bid/estimate/quotation,
indicating prices and trading conditions.
• In accordance with bid/estimate/quotation planning, ensures that inputs for
editing activities are provided on time and according to established quality
procedures. Manages external services to support bid/estimation
preparation such as translations and governmental approvals.
• Collecting and archiving documentation regarding the offer/order and records assumptions and decisions taken during the development process.
Regularly reports the status of the bids/estimates/quotations using defined
tools and collects and analyses the reasons for tenders being lost and won
• Identifying potential risks in the bids, quotations and estimates, and in any related contract agreements across customers/channels. Provides information and/or participates in the Risk Review process in accordance with ABB policy.
• Being responsible for collecting and collating all information needed to prepare the proposal, including both technical and cost elements. Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships to understand customer needs. Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the sales process. Provides any necessary technical support to Sales Managers during technical meetings with customers.
• Identifying potential vendors for equipment and materials required in the project and technically evaluates supplier offers to check match with specifications. Collaborates with Supply Chain Management to coordinate requests to subcontractors.
To be considered for this role, you should possess a degree in electrical engineering with 3 to 5 years of experience in technical sales. You should be a self-starter and able to work independently in a team. The role will suit someone with excellent communication skills in English and willing to travel within assigned territory and overseas.
So, bring your energy, ideas, commercial focus and passion for Sales job and you will find there is all the potential you could wish for.
• 16 full paid annual leave days at starting points.
• Working work 5 days a week (Mon – Fri, 8:00 AM 16:30 PM).
• Lunch allowance.
• Position – based phone & taxi allowance.
• Market – leading business bonuses.
• Premium Health Care Program for employees & independents.
• Working in a sustainable business with high sense of Safety, Corporate Social Responsibility & Integrity.
• Exposure to a dynamic and fast paced multinational environment.
• A wide range of training programs from general to technical/ professional and managerial development programs at all levels.
• Market – leading compensation & benefits and performance management system Robust development program for employees.