WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision (WV) is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. WV serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WV Vietnam (WVV) has a total income of more than USD17,000,000 (FY11) with funding from 16 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia.
Project goal: To improve teenagers and community’s awareness and practices on close early child and blood relation marriage prevention in two Suoi Giang and Suoi Bu communes, Van Chan district, Yen Bai province.
WVV expect that the project achievements and impacts will be able to contribute to reduce blood relation and early marriage issues through increasing the availability of home visiting services at each household; increasing the number of the dialogues between local authorities and villagers, teenagers; increasing communication campaigns/ events and visual materials.
The project will be integrated with EVAC project in Van Chan AP. The project works in closure support and management from the responsible AP manager and ETIP field staff based at the ADP level.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To assist the AP Manager in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating project activities within the AP for achieving the goal, outcomes, and outputs in the design document and logical framework.
• Assistance is provided to AP Manager to develop Plan of Action at grassroots levels.
• Problems and alternative solutions as well as opportunities for partnership are identified by participating in community needs assessments including stakeholder analysis and situation analysis in collaboration with other AP team members.
• Potential stakeholders and resources are identified for partnerships/ project implementation.
2. Project Activities Implementation, Monitoring and Reporting
• Partnership with the local Steering Committees on child marriage is promoted and strengthened.
• Assistance is provided to training on and support activities of early child marriage.
• Meetings with volunteers, case workers and project management boards (PMB) for reflection and case management review are organized monthly or when needed.
• Appropriate expenditures/ utilization of funds are ensured
• Partnership with appropriate stakeholders is established.
• Project activities at the ADP level are monitored to ensure the project goal is achieved.
• Information about project activities is gathered and documented regularly.
• Project activities are implemented in well coordinating with the other projects at AP
• Project reports are developed in good quality and delivered on time
• Ensure project document at field are filed for references
• Ensure WVV finance procedures and guidelines
3. Capacity Building
• Volunteers and caseworkers are trained on facilitation and program skills.
• Life skill education is provided to targeted groups.
• Assistance is provided in capacity building for caseworkers and government counterparts who will carry out work at grassroots levels
• Training materials are collected or developed for trainings at district/commune/and hamlet level
• Contribution is made to project baseline survey, participatory rural appraisal, project mid-term and final evaluation, or other social surveys
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on the job training:
• Bachelor degree. Major in social science or related fields
• Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes;
• Community mobilization skills, including networking/coordination among different local partners;
• Demonstrated training and group facilitation skills;
• Good time management and organizational skills;
• Good interpersonal and communications skills;
• Fair English, especially report writing and reading skills;
• Good computer skills in Word, Excel, Power point and email
• World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
• 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
• Experience in INGO-funded project planning and implementation.
Tầng 4, Tòa nhà HEAC, 14-16 Hàm Long Quận Hoàn Kiếm